5 Best Sunglasses for Heart-Shaped Faces
Are you looking for your next great pair of sunglasses? Step up your game and flatter your features by choosing the best sunglasses for heart-shaped faces.
What Is a Heart-Shaped Face?
Features of this face shape include:
- A wide forehead
- High, prominent cheekbones
- A pointed, narrow chin
- A soft jawline
- Hair that comes to a point in the middle of the forehead
Here's how to measure to know for sure if you have a heart-shaped face:
- Get a soft tape measure, a pen, and paper.
- Look in a mirror and move your hair away from your face.
- Measure your forehead. Hold the tape measure horizontally from one side of your face to the other about halfway between your eyebrows and hairline. Write down the number.
- Measure the width of your cheekbones, which are just under the outer corners of your eyes. Write down that number.
- Measure your jawline by holding the tape measure from the tip of your chin to the point below one ear. Repeat this step on the other side of your face. You can get the full measurement of your jaw by adding together the measurements of each side.
If your cheekbones are the widest part of your face, you have a heart-shaped face.
5 Best Sunglasses for a Heart-Shaped Face
You can rock a lot of sunglasses styles with a heart-shaped face. Look for a frame shape that brings focus to the middle of your face and helps balance your narrow jawline and wider forehead. You could also select frames that mimic your heart face shape for a complementary look.
Don’t forget about frame size. If you have a small face, avoid heavy, oversized sunglasses. Bigger, thicker frames tend to look better if you have stronger facial features.
With that in mind, here are five sunglasses styles that are perfect for a heart face shape:
You can’t go wrong with a pair of way-style shades. These sunglasses for heart-shaped faces are a good choice because their thick frames balance out a wide forehead.
The wingtips at the outer corners of cat-eye sunglasses will highlight your prominent cheekbones and help make your forehead appear smaller. Being wider at the top and narrower at the bottom makes them flattering on almost any face shape.
Aviator sunglasses are popular because they look great on every face shape. They’re one of the best sunglasses for a heart-shaped face because the shape of the lenses accentuate your cheekbones.
In browline shades, the frame is thicker at the top and thinner on the sides and bottom to complement your face shape. Whether you choose tortoiseshell, black, or another color, you’ll always look trendy in these sunglasses.
Helpful Sunglasses Buying Tips
Keep these tips in mind before buying:
- Choose lenses with 100% UVA-UVB protection – Sunglasses should protect your eyes from the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays. Over time, unprotected exposure to UV rays can damage your eyes and increase your risk of developing vision problems like cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Try polarized sunglasses – Polarized lenses are designed to reduce glare reflected from water, snow, and other surfaces.
The best sunglasses for a heart-shaped face make you feel good and protect your eyes from the sun. Shop our wide variety of sunglasses styles for heart-shaped faces now. Each pair comes with 100% UVA-UVB lens protection and a scratch-resistant coating.
- How to pick the best sunglasses for your face shape. All About Vision. January 2020.*
- Sunglasses for heart-shaped faces. All About Vision. September 2019.*
- Do sunglasses actually protect your eyes? Cleveland Clinic. June 2023.
*Like Foster Grant, All About Vision and AAV Media, LLC are affiliates of EssilorLuxottica.
The sources listed here have been provided for informational purposes only. The citation of a particular source does not constitute an endorsement or approval of EssilorLuxottica products, services, or opinions by such source.